The Network Operators Group of Latin America and the Caribbean, LACNOG, will have its first conference LACNOG 2010 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from 19th to 22nd of October jointly with the fourteenth LACNIC meeting (LACNIC XIV) and the PTT Forum organized by NIC.br.
This is the initial public call for presentations for the event.
In order to evaluate submitted contributions, an independent Program Committee has been created.
The following is a non-comprehensive list of some of the topics that are of interest to the event:
- Convergence Landline - Mobile
- Success cases
- Infrastructure synergy
- Impact in network planning
- Planning and usage projection
- Evolution of services and applications
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless access evolution
- Secure routing
- Response mechanisms against attacks outside the AS
- Strategies for IPv6 migration
- IPv6 in core and MPLS networks
- IPv6 in access technologies
- IPv6 in mobile networks
- Strategies and mechanisms in inter-domain and intra-domain routing
- Traffic enginering
- Regional peering and regional agreements
- Traffic interchange
- Power supply
- Critical Infrastructure
- Disaster recovery and planning
- Handbooks and procedures
- Network Management
- Circuit provisioning
- Performance metrics in multi-domain networks
- Cooperation Agreements
- Synergies with government bodies
- Agreements between network operators and academia
The schedule for the selection of works will be the following:
- Deadline for the reception of proposals: Monday, 30 August 2010
- Notification of proposal acceptance: Friday, 10 September 2010
- Deadline for the submission of final versions: Thursday, 30 September 2010
The submission of presentations for the LACNOG 2010 is subject to the following conditions:
- Presentations may or may not be supported by one or more papers, although the Evaluation Committee may choose to give preference to those that do.
- English, Portuguese and Spanish are the accepted languages.
- Presentations must be sent in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Articles must be generated directly from a text processor (not scanned).
- Presentations must not exceed twenty-five (25) minutes.
Those interested in presenting their work should send the following data, within the timeframe specified above, to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete title of the presentation.
- Extended abstract plus a draft of the slides or the complete article if it were available. The extended abstract must not be longer than five hundred (500) words. The Program Committee can, at its sole discretion, request further or complementary information.
- Complete name(s), email address(es), biographical data and organization(s) of which the interested parties are a part of or represent.
Those whose works are selected to be presented at the LACNOG 2010 will be awarded a certificate accrediting their participation.
For further information, please don't hesitate to contact the Program Committee at email@example.com.
For more information on LACNOG 2010, please visit http://www.lacnog.org