LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will be holding its LACNOG 2014 conference in the city of Santiago, Chile, on 27-31 October. This event will be co-located with the LACNIC 22 meeting.
The 2014 LACNOG Program Committee would like to invite the Internet community to submit presentation proposals.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Best Practices:
- IPv6 deployment and transition mechanisms
- Managing BGP route advertisements
- RFC 6561 – Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots
- Fixed-mobile convergence
- Success stories
- Infrastructure synergy
- Impact on network provisioning
- Evolution of wireless access
- Growth estimates
- Cloud computing
- Evolution of services and applications
- Secure routing protocols
- RPKI routing table security
- CSIRT response mechanisms
- IPv6 migration strategies
- IPv6 in core, access, MPLS and mobile networks
- Impact of IPv4 exhaustion – Strategies
- Internal and external routing strategies and mechanisms
- Traffic engineering
- Peering, regional traffic exchange, IXPs
- Large-scale address translation (CGN)
- DNS / DNSSEC / IDNs
- Critical infrastructure
- Reacting to catastrophic failure situations
- Network management
- Circuit provisioning
- Performance measurements in multi-domain networks
- Synergies between operators and the government sector
- Relationships between operators and universities
The process for selecting presentations will be as follows:
- Deadline for proposal reception: 31 August 2014
- Pre-approval notification: 8-13 September 2014
- Deadline for submitting final versions of the presentations: 1st October 2014
- Announcement of final approval: 6 October 2014
Proposals for LACNOG 2014 presentations are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Proposals may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Proposals must be submitted in text, html, MS Word or PDF format. Scanned documents will not be accepted.
- An article may accompany proposed presentations.
- Presentations may not exceed fifteen (15) minutes.
Those interested in proposing a presentation should submit the following information within the specified deadlines to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full title of the presentation.
- Extended abstract and a draft of the slides or the full article, if available. The extended abstract must not exceed five hundred (500) words. The Program Committee may, at its sole discretion, request additional or complementary information.
- Authors’ full names and email addresses, as well as the organizations of which they are part or represent.
Presenters at the LACNOG 2014 conference will be issued a certificate attesting their participation.
- Arturo Servin (Mexico)
- Edmundo Cázarez López (Mexico)
- Milton Kaoru (Brazil)
- Pedro Torres, Jr. (Brazil)
- Tomas Lynch (Argentina)
- Jorge Villa (Cuba)
- Nicolas Antoniello (Uruguay)
For more information, please contact the Program Committee at email@example.com.
For more information on LACNOG 2014, please see www.lacnog.org.