The LACNOG 2020 Event is the annual meeting of LACNOG, which will be held in conjunction with LACNIC 33 Event.
It will take place during the week of October 5-9, 2020, in virtual format (online).
LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will hold its LACNOG 2020 conference from 5 to 9 October 2020 together with the LACNIC 34 event. Due to the current pandemic caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), the event will be held entirely in virtual format.
The LACNOG 2020 Program Committee invites the Internet community to submit their proposals for the event.
In line with the spirit of LACNOG, proposed topics must be geared towards Internet development in the region. The following is a non-exhaustive list of some of the topics of interest for the LACNOG 2020 meeting:
• Network operation and professional experiences, success stories
• Internet of Things
• Community Networks
• IPv6 integration and deployment
• Experiences involving botnets, malware, spam, viruses, denial of service attacks and exploit techniques
• IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
• Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast, anycast, SDN, etc.
• End-user applications (e.g. e-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs, etc.)
• Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud computing, etc.
• Peering, Internet traffic exchange, IXPs
• Network data security and management, attack mitigation
• Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
• Network automation, evolution and convergence
• Infrastructure and physical transport, including optical and wireless networks
• Legislation, regulations and Internet governance issues
• Research and education
Possible presentation formats include:
• Lightning talk: brief, 8-minute presentation plus 4 additional minutes for questions.
• Presentation: 20-minute presentation plus 5 additional minutes for questions.
Deadlines for the 2020 call for proposals will be as follows:
• Reception of proposals: 8 June – 31 July 2020
• Proposals will be accepted until: 31 July 2020 at 23:59 UTC-3 (Uruguay time)
• Evaluation by the Program Committee: 26 July to 9 August 2020
• Announcement of results: 10 August 2020
• Deadline for submitting the final presentation: 10 August – 18 September 2020
• Final presentations will be accepted until: 18 September 2020 at 23:59 UTC-3 (Uruguay time)
• Event date: 5 to 9 October 2020
Applicants must submit a summary and a draft of the slides of their proposed presentation along with a brief biography using the form available at https://vulcano.lacnog.org/e/lacnog2020
If your work is selected, you authorize LACNOG and LACNIC to publish your name, photograph, biography, and final work in the event program.
Speakers presenting their work at the LACNOG 2020 conference will receive a certificate acknowledging their participation.
Guidelines for Submitting a Presentation for LACNOG have been prepared containing a description of the criteria that will be considered when evaluating each proposal, presentation format details and other data. These Guidelines are available at https://www.lacnog.org/guiapresentaciones/.
Communications with the Program Committee will be handled through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your attention and look forward to your proposals for LACNOG 2020.
The Program Committee