LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will be holding its annual conference – LACNOG 2017 – in the city of Montevideo, Uruguay, on 18-22 September 2017. This event will be co-located with the LACNIC 28 meeting.
The 2017 LACNOG Program Committee invites the Internet community to submit their presentations for the event.
Possible formats are as follows:
- Lightning talk: short, 10-minute presentation with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
- Presentation: 20-minute presentation with an additional 10 minutes for questions.
- Tutorial: 45-minute presentation with an additional 15 minutes for questions.
In the spirit of LACNOG, the topics to be covered by the presentations should be geared towards regional Internet development. The topics of interest to LACNOG 2017 include, but are not limited to:
- Network operation and professional experiences, success stories
- IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
- Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast, anycast, and others
- End-user applications (e.g. E-mail, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud computing, etc.
- Peering, regional traffic exchange, IXPs
- Transition to IPv6 and IPv6 Deployment
- Network security and data management, attack mitigation
- Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
- Network automation, evolution and convergence
- Infrastructure and physical transport including optical and wireless networks
- Internet governance issues, legislation and regulations
- Research and education
All submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Proposals must be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Accepted formats: Microsoft Powerpoint (PPT, PPTX), Apache OpenOffice Presentation (ODP), LibreOffice Impress (ODP), or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- The number of slides must be appropriate for the time assigned for the presentation. As a rule of thumb, estimate 1-2 minutes per slide.
- We recommend following the Guidelines for Submitting a Presentation.
Presentations must be submitted according to the following schedule:
- Reception of drafts and abstracts: 12 June to 24 July
- Evaluation by the Program Committee: 24 July to 7 August
- Submission of the final presentation: 7 August to 4 September
- Event date: 18-22 September
Anyone wishing to participate must complete the following form.
Presenters at the LACNOG 2017 conference will receive a certificate attesting their participation.